Last year challenge prize

Hi,
Our team achieved first rank in task 2 last year, but we couldn’t get our award because of US sanctions (as organisers advised), which I think is completely unfair and demotivating. Although I live in another country (UK) and sanctions are not applied to me, organisers demurred at giving us the award.
I have sent couple of emails but got no response or very vague responses.
I hope they could help us to secure our rights, so these issues won’t disappoint other groups like us to participate in new challenges.

@brianhelba @philipp.tschandl @harald @noelcodella @vrotemberg @marccombalia @nickkurtansky @ofer.rtr @dan.lamanna

4 Likes

Ooof I live in Canada, hope this does not effect us as well…

@navidstuv

The prizes, as for 2018, have been generously provided by MetaOptima, IBM, and Canfield Scientific and distributed by Canfield Scientific, a US company, and are subject to any restrictions incumbent on the sponsor(s). Winners will be asked to identify a recipient individual or entity who will be required to provide tax documentation (U.S. citizens- IRS form W-9, non-U.S. citizens Form W-8 BEN).

Thanks for your response,
Can any of other team members provide tax documentation (non-U.S. citizens Form W-8 BEN) for receiving the prize?