Is it allowed to use data from outside? or from previous ISIC competition?

Is it allowed to use data from outside? or from previous ISIC competition?

Looking at top-submissions from the previous years, it seems to be best practice to also use outside data to achieve high scores. We get good results using PH2 and dermofit. Thinking about purchasing this Amazon.co.uk

Has anyone experience with the data on this CD?

This CD is advertised on several platforms but the orders get cancelled shortly after you complete the purchase:

"I am emailing you on behalf of Medisave UK with regards to your recent order for the DE-L-B-120 - Interactive Atlas of Dermoscopy (CD-ROM).

Unfortunately this item has been discontinued now by the manufacturer and we wold be unable to offer an alternative."

If anyone else made different experience I would love to hear from you.

I can recommend www.aigora.de - they seem to cater more to larger companies (quite detailed contract) rather than challenge participants, but they made me an OK deal (pricy, but good quality dermatoscopic images for underrepresented classes)

1 Like

Hi Sara,

You’re certainly allowed to use training data from external sources, but when you make your submission, we will ask you to disclose this fact.

If you look at our leaderboard from the 2018 Challenge, you’ll see that we prominently note whether a given submission used external data. This should hopefully allow use to determine which approaches were most successful given standardized, limited data (the ISIC training data) and which approaches may owe part of their success to using larger amounts of external training data.

We hope to receive submissions from both methodologies. If you have any further thoughts (e.g. should we publish totally separate leaderboards?), please feel free to continue this discussion.

If you have any further thoughts (e.g. should we publish totally separate leaderboards?), please feel free to continue this discussion.

If the systems are clearly indicated as having used outside data on the leader board (in some competitions this info appears in proceedings only), I believe this is sufficient.

Thanks for the organization,

Berrin